Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Craziness in Illinois; is Obama dirty?

My objections to Obama have to do with legitimate differences with his record as a state and federal legislator. I don't believe or write about baseless accusations that have been made about him, including questions about faith and citizenship. I don't believe them.

With the recent news out of Chicago, I'm left with questions I hope the media will clarify some of the reports. One of the things that came out is that President-elect Obama asked through advisers that a candidate he likes for the position be appointed. There is nothing wrong with that. The governor asked for favors in return, which is a big problem, but Obama evidently didn't promise anything. What bothers me and I want to see clarified is that there's a suggestion that advisors may have indicated a cabinet level position might be available in a couple of years if Obama's candidate were appointed, but for now all the governor would receive is the President's appreciation. If that's the case, an illegal deal was proposed, and I would find it hard to believe Obama wasn't aware of his advisers' offers. I hope that's not true. I want to believe that although I may disagree with my President-elect politically, he's not corrupt and he has the same goals as I do for this nation--its continued prosperity and success. We'll find out more as details come out. I don't want Obama to be involved, but it's imperative the possibility is not overlooked.

Update: This leaves little doubt Obama's involved, I'm sorry to say. I haven't had the chance to read the FBI affidavit, but it click the above link and have a look. The evidence is pretty damning.

No comments: