Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veterans Day

Today is a very meaningful day for me. I haven't served in the military, nor is there a tradition of military service in my family. It gives me an extra appreciation for men and women in uniform.

They fight so I don't have to. They bleed and die so my family is safe from foreign threats. Although I wish my state would respect my 2nd Amendment rights, our military makes sure I don't have to exercise them against invaders from other nations.

They have bought my freedom to write this blog through their service. They've permitted me to become who I am without fear.

On this Veterans Day, I'd like to express my gratitude, and my family's gratitude for that extraordinary dedication and sacrifice. Happy Veterans Day!

1 comment:

Bryan T. said...

I'd like to echo what Andy said here . . . I was not in the service, but I tried (Navy, thanks bad knee) and realize what the cost is of the freedoms we have via our Constitution, and what God has provided us (which is a huge part of the oath people take on joining the military, and is based on the constitution, including mentioning it by name). I am born of a father who served this country with his early adulthood life and was wounded for it. He took an oath to defend our Constitution, and says he'd still defend it to this day. I have to go along with Andy and say thank you, to everyone who has served and is serving to uphold that oath. It's because of you the next generation can carry on. This president has no idea what it truly means to sacrifice, but please, those reading this . . . know that we DO understand. We may not have been able to give as you have, but we always have and always will "get your back". God bless you, and thank you for what you are doing and have done. I love you Dad!