Friday, May 11, 2012

Candidate Mitt Romney

Mitt Romney wasn't my first choice as a presidential candidate.  I do  have to admit that what he did with the 2002 Winter Olympics and what he did with Boston's Big Dig give me some hope.

I'll never be happy with big government, progressive policies.  If we want those, we can just reelect President Obama.

However, Romney would probably do a better job fixing the economy since he has a deeper understanding of how to foster business growth than President Obama does.  Another advantage is that his history suggests he won't try to label all of his challenges "inherited problems" and blame the last president for failed policy after failed policy. 

Further, I firmly believe that if one more liberal supreme court justice is appointed to replace any retiring conservative justice, we'll lose the 1st, 2nd and 4th Amendments in short order.

Like most things in politics, Mitt Romney is a compromise, but I'm increasingly seeing him as one I can support.

No comments: